MuseCon Operations will be there to help you with whatever it is you need.
Our official space is in with Registration, but we'll probably spend most of
our time roving around. Just look for the mylar balloon and you'll have found
Security & Safety
We have some simple rules to help everyone at the convention have a good (and
safe) time. Nothing spoils a good time faster than a preventable emergency!
Please engage your common sense while at the convention.
- In the event of fire, medical emergency, or other critical situation,
please call 911; do not wait for convention staff.
- Anything illegal outside the convention is illegal inside the convention.
- Convention membership does not exempt you from complying with hotel rules.
- Serving alcohol to anyone under the age of 21 will result in immediate
revocation of convention membership, and local law enforcement Will
- This is a family-friendly convention: keep your clothing, costumes, and
public behavior within PG standards.
- Don't be a jerk: practice all the good-behavior skills we learned in
- Any item used as a weapon or in a threatening manner will be treated as
such and will be confiscated.
- No real or realistic firearms are permitted. Projectiles, regardless of
material or motive force are prohibited. All other weapons it. must be
peace-bonded and may not be drawn in public areas. If there is a question on
the definition of "realistic", please contact Operations for a
- If you are required to carry a firearm or other weapon by law or
employment policy, please contact Operations
immediately upon registering to present your credentials.
- Play nice with others. This includes respecting personal space, both
physical and emotional: No means No; if you're asked to back off,
do so. Don't touch without asking and receiving permission. If you feel
you are being harassed, please contact Operations to report the incident(s).
- Respect others' possessions. Ask before touching, and put it back where
- Please supervise (or provide supervision for) your children. Although
MuseCon is family-friendly, classes and workshops may include the use of
sharp or otherwise dangerous tools and materials, and some activities may
therefore not be appropriate for participation by all ages.
- Children are not miniature adults, and their behavior can surprise even
their parents; please be understanding. Parents and caretakers of children,
please be considerate of the effect of their behavior on others.
- These policies are not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please use
common sense and good manners!